About Ms. Wynn

My photo
Whether the topic is family relationships, romantic relationships or building an empire. Thru one on one coaching I share tools for VISION & CLARITY that have worked for me and my clients worldwide; Where a firm belief that fulfilling your dreams is a very real path for YOU. ...lets create it together!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why my kid can run a BUSINESS better than I CAN!

Where’d that kid go?!



To those of you who spend large amounts of time with children, have you ever wished there was a nickel for each time you exclaimed, “Where’d that kid go!”


 Being a mother of 5, including a set of twins (parents with multiples definitely deserve a ribbon for patience), I recall a certain curly brown haired twin at the age of 1 taking my lipstick to the wall in the entry hall. In the same week her twin, also brown hair and big blue eyes, took it upon herself to grab a butter knife to unlock the bathroom door which held those “forbidden items” that she knew full well her mother didn’t want her to touch.



Then there’s the boy, who when on best behavior I claim as my own, otherwise he has his father’s attributes.  This boy found it fun to sit on the roof in the night time sky. And that wasn’t enough for a son of mine, my boy always invited his 8 year old sister atop the 2 story home in Simi Valley, California. My boys also enjoyed rigging up anything on wheels and pushing siblings on it as long as there was an incline. That included, on one occasion, off the end of a porch.



 Oftentimes my children would enlist neighborhood kids to be part of their antics. On occasion they would be so focused on their activities that they stayed in pajamas all day. And more likely than not, I would have at least one child who in early spring at the first glimpse of sun, would be in a bathing suit. Then there’s the child that wears their Spiderman costume year roundyou know who you are.




Maybe you can relate to the “grocery store experience” (insert deep horror movie voice here)  Now my children weren’t the type to scream in the store, instead I had “the wanderer”. (also deserves the deep voice!) When you have one of those “wanderer” types, sometimes you may want to smack them and most of the time you just want to hug them. This wanderer, one of my daughters, was notorious for being found in the bakery. While I’m in isle 11 with my other children who are following me like ducklings, we hear on the loud speaker “to the mother of Sarah, your daughter is in the bakery”. The other kids and I would look at one another, shake our heads and laugh. For some reason my daughter never cried when she was lost. I’m beginning to think she didn’t even call it “lost”, but rather “adventuring”.


Think back to the first time you thought a boy or a girl was cute and wondered if your hair looked good…The first time you noticed a group of kids talking and you weren’t sure if you were “cool”enough to be part of the group so you stood on the side. This is the point at which we should really be asking “where’d that kid go?”  That bold carefree child who was fearless enough to sit on a roof.  The creative child that used whatever tool she had to create, in this case it was lipstick. What about the child who wears a bathing suit in the rain and a Halloween costume year round? Bold, confident,fearless.

These are the attributes of a successful business man or woman. Very few of us escape the natural consequences of losing our childlike qualities as we grow. Suddenly what other people think outweighs our own common sense. I not only love to share this message that your brilliant self is still alive and kicking, but I also give you the tools to live in that brilliance every day.  My clothing line, music, tv show and book all support this message.   With these tools, productivity at work will increase, relationships with friends, coworkers and family will deepen and most of all, fear and self doubt will no longer hold you back from all the success and peace you deserve.  


Would love your thoughts, comments, and questions  Post here or email me.   All too often I get stressed, overwhelmed and tired, at those moments I find myself asking,  where'd that kid go!




Victoria Wynn

Victoria Wynn Corp.

Salt Lake City, UT-Los Angeles, CA
artistrybyvictoria@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment